Sunday, January 12, 2014

First Week of Class and Other Things...

Dear Sis Johnson the Wettest,

I hear from Mom that it's been raining a lot in Houston, which I'm not sure if that translates into a lot of rain in LA, but I'm going to assume that you're pretty wet. Don't worry, I remember my mission we considered ourselves lucky to go one day without getting completely drenched in the rainy season. 

It's awesome that you're finding more people to teach! Going through the ward roster is brilliant. I don't think I ever served in a branch that had a roster. That would have been nice. Also, try the area book for former investigators. You'd be surprised. 

So, I think it's awesome that you're comps with my team mate, Jessica Maughan's greenie. You should say hi to her from Jess and from me. 

We had an awesome CES fireside tonight from Elder Tad R. Callister. I think you get to look at those because you totally should. He said a lot of things that made the Restoration really clear and I think would be perfect for a missionary. 

Things that happened this week. Well, school started. That was a big one. I flew in Monday morning, dropped my stuff at my apartment and went straight to class. I'm taking Statistics, Public  Finance, Public Budgeting,  Economics of International  Development, Human Resources, Chinese 102, and History of China since 1200. 22 credit  hours again. Dang Fellowship! Givin' me all da moneys and makin' me take all da classes. 

Anyway, that should make for an interesting semester. I had to read 60 pages for my budgeting class this weekend. Not like novel pages, like text  book pages. It took me about 3 hours. It was all about government budgeting like: fiscal vs. monetary policy, the fiscal gap, sources  of revenue, and the financial crisis. It shows  you how much of a nerd I am that I actually found it all really interesting. It was just way too much information for me to process and remember. 

Other things that happened this weekend: I taught  all my climbing buddies how to lead climb because we're going climbing in St. George this weekend, and I realized that I was the only one  who knew how to sport climb.... Well,  now they know too!

Saturday we went snowshoeing at Stewart Falls above Sundance. It was a perfect snowshoeing day, and we had the most epic snow ball fight. My friend, Nathan, takes amazing pictures, and documented it. I think it's the most beautifully photographed snowball fight I've ever seen. I'll attach pics. 

Today was a great church day. I had a bunch of people over for dinner including our cousin, Dalllin! It was great to have a little bit of a family dinner. Just think, this time next year, you'll be here too! 
 

So, that was my life this week. Pretty awesome. 

Your quote this week is from the great Doctor himself. It's from the Blink episode,  which is  one of my favorite. " People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but, actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff."

I love you!
Tonya








No comments:

Post a Comment